John Tarrant will be joining a number of Vajrayana teachers in this remarkable retreat in Bhutan this Fall. For registration and detailed pricing, please refer to the contact information at bottom.
See the attached flyer for details, or read below.
Bhutan Cultural Immersion Pilgrimage Tour
Includes 5-Day Practice Retreat (October 9–13)
Tour includes retreat and dialogue with Western teachers and Bhutanese lamas, monks, and scholars, in Bumthang, the sacred valley of Bhutan.
Hosted by Lhodrak Kharchu Monastery.
Retreat Week Theme:
- Nurturing Bodhichitta in Times of Challenge
- Inter-connectedness of all beings
- Awakening to courage, wisdom, generosity, and right action
- Compassion for self and others as we heal together
- Ven. Robina Courtin
- John Tarrant, Roshi
- H.H. Namkhai Ryingpo Rinpoche
- Lopen Karma Phuntsho
- Khenpo Phuntsok Tashi
- Tshering Tashi
- 13 nights, 14 days in Bhutan
- Annual Sacred Mask Dance Festival
- Visit sacred sites, villages, artisans
- Receive teachings and transmissions
- Hike iconic Tiger’s Nest
- Meditate in old growth forests
- Please see this registration link. The approximate expense is $4,000, aside from airfare. Pacific Zen Institute is not the registrar for this retreat.