A day of meditation, teachings, and conversation with Allison Atwill in Santa Barbara, CA
Autumn is memory
and the current of time—
lanterns in the field.
I like the autumn light, the days seem to ripen and grow clearer at the same time. The grapes darken on the vines, the air carries the scent of the apple press, and the deep cadmiums of pumpkins appear in market bins. In Autumn I reflect, I understand my life differently, along with what I must do and how to proceed.
The ancestors visit and help us with this development. They too change and grow, appear in our dreams and deepen our understanding of who we are.
In this retreat we will invite our Ancestors, in the largest sense, to join us and let us know where they have been traveling this past year. We all have ancestors whom we might want to come to terms with, or forgive or celebrate or ask a blessing of.
We have Dharma Ancestors too, I feel a particular affinity with the Chan master, Yunmen or Cloud Gate. Fra Angelico, the painter, is another teacher for me.
So join us and your ancestors will come too.
Bring an item to put on the altar, an offering, or an object symbolizing an ancestor who may, even now, be asking to be a part of our conversation.
- Date: Sunday, October 27th, 2019 – 10am-4pm
- Cost: PZI members $125 / Non-Members $135
- Food: A delicious vegetarian lunch is provided
- Location: A private home in Santa Barbara; address given upon registration
- Registrar: Joan Peters – email@example.com
- For scholarship information, contact the registrar.