Santa Barbara, CA
Allison Atwill is the Practice Leader for the Santa Barbara group.
Painting by Allison Atwill
Santa Barbara, Ca
For more information, contact Allison at
or call 805-969-1562.
Potrero Hill, San Francisco
The Wind-in-Grass Sangha is a Pacific Zen Institute Zen community coming together in Potrero Hill every Wednesday to practice together and thereby enjoy the benefit of each others’ guidance, strength, sincerity and dedication.
We offer instructions in meditation that reveal a freedom around our suffering, encouragement and support in taking the next step, or fall, in deepening your practice (and next), help in expanding that awareness to include more and more of our daily lives and the opportunity to participate in charitable acts that make SF a kinder and more beautiful place. We welcome everyone, without exception, and regardless of your level of experience or interest.
Regular meetings every Wednesday, 7 – 8:30pm
- 1st Wednesday: Senior Dharma student Chris Wilson leads the group in an intimate koan discussion.
- 2nd Wednesday: Practice leader Michael Kallus referees the group in a Zen Game.
- 3rd Wednesday: Zen Teacher David Weinstein teaches the group.
- 4th Wednesday: Community night and Zen Game. Bring your curious friends, significant others, children, etc. There will be an in depth beginning instruction, an intentionally unstructured Zen Game to play, tea and food, and after practice, we go to Blooms or Farley’s together for a drink of some sort.
- 5th Wednesday: We play another Zen Game.
Visit the Wind-In-Grass Sangha website.
824B Carolina St. #6
San Francisco, CA
Beware the directions from MapQuest and Google. Check the Wind-In-Grass website for better directions.
London Zen Centre (LZC) is a gathering place for Zen practice, which we carry out through meditation, koans, retreats, the arts, work and community. Its also a place to be with others on the same path. We explore what its like to live an awakened life in todays culture and time. Raymond Gaudry is the lead teacher.
London Zen Centre
923 Waterloo Street
London ON N6A 3X2
For directions and information contact Jacqueline Kramer at jacqueline@hearth-foundation.
Koan moms online koan group
Jacqueline Kramer is the practice leader.
This is an ongoing koan exploration group of moms from all over the world is sponsered by the Hearth Foundation http://www.hearth-foundation.